ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Courses
If you are interested in becoming TRAQ qualified, please read the “ISA TRAQ Application Guide” available HERE. The guide will provide details about the application process and let you know what pre-requisites are required to apply for the credential.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Please read before registering.
- Please check the registration deadlines! Registration closes at least 30 days prior to the course OR earlier if the class reaches capacity. These classes often fill up quickly since class size is limited. Register as early as possible to avoid missing the course you want!
- The FULL course is required for interested applicants that wish to earn the TRAQ credential. If you are needing a renewal course, click here.
- REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: MSA will retain $80 for all cancellations before the registration deadline. No refunds are provided after the registration deadline. Final rosters are delivered to ISA at that time.
- Confirmation packets will be mailed to you 3 weeks prior to the course date. These are not able to be sent earlier. No refunds or discounts are given if you already own the Tree Risk Assessment Manual.
COURSE DESCRIPTION (A list of upcoming MSA Chapter course offerings is below).
The TRAQ course and credential provide an opportunity for professionals in the arboriculture industry to expand their knowledge through education and training in the fundamentals of tree risk assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property by providing a standardized and systematic process for assessing tree risk. The results of a tree risk assessment can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
Earning the qualification requires attendance at a 2-day educational “full” course followed by a ½ day assessment that includes both a written and field exams. The schedule for the course is as follows:
- Day 1: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Day 2: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Day 3: (Exam day) 8:00am – 11:30 am.
- It is required that you attend the entire course and successfully complete the assessment in order to receive this qualification.
- Light breakfast and lunch are provide Days 1 & 2. Light breakfast is provided for Day 3.
The course includes Tree Biology and Mechanics, Tree Inspection and Assessment, Data Analysis and Risk Categorization, and Risk Reporting. The Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Course prepares the participant to take the TRAQ assessment to become ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified.
A course packet will be mailed to you 3 weeks prior to the course date. This packet includes a Course Manual and a Course Workbook that you can read and study to prepare for the course. It is strongly suggested that you read the materials prior to the course. Not all of the materials on the exams will be covered in detail in the classroom. The Manual and Workbook are essential parts of the learning process for this course.
$675 – 850 – You must pay by credit card to register online. Contact MSA to pay by check.
REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: MSA will retain $80 for all cancellations before the registration deadline. No refunds are provided after the registration deadline. Final rosters are delivered to ISA at that time.
Upcoming TRAQ Offerings:
September 11-13, 2023 – Alexandria, MN
Holiday Inn & Suites
Registration is closed for this event.
October 4-6, 2023 – Plymouth, MN
Plymouth Community Center
Registration is filled for this event.